Sunday 3 August 2008

Touch Run: My First 10km



Had to wake up at 5a.m. to pack up for the run and breakfast. The flu was gone but my body still felt a little 'soft' due to the cold in the morning.

Car ride took about 1 hour from Bukit Panjang to East Coast Park and I reached there at about 6.30a.m. I told my father to drop me off at car park E2 since that was the closest one to the starting point but when we reached there, I din't see anybody and thought I had remembered the wrong carpark, then my father drove me all the way to car park F3 where i saw a lot of those guys in the orange touchrun t-shirt. I alighted there but soon realised that it was no where near Sand Castle Beach.

After calling junhao for directions, I finally managed to get to the starting point of the race. The walk from car park F3 back to E2 was quite far, and i felt like i had already done my warm-ups when i reached the place since the distance was about 1.5-2 k.m.

Saw a couple of familiar faces upon reaching there, most prominent one was junhao's physics tutor, Mr. Patrick Lim. This crazy and funny teacher always gives us some random comment whenever we're near him.

Soon, we had to gather at the starting line to wait for the signal. Some ang-mohs and other adults wearing those professional distance tracking device started to make us lose a bit of hope, and me and junhao saw Mr. Lim drinking some brown liquid from a small bottle which is suppose to be some concentrated energy drink! We knew he was no amateur(even though he may look like one) and we were determined to reach the finish line faster than him.

The 10k.m was quite satisfying, we wanted to stop at a few instances but managed to encourage each other to continue running, and still had some spare energy for a sprint when we were nearing the finishing point. Most rewarding thing was to complete the race under 50 minutes and overtake Mr. Lim, haha.

First person to complete the race was aj's soccer captain, jikky. A very amazing achievement as he managed to beat all those adults who look like professional runners. Free flow of 100 plus was so tempting that I had a stomach ache after the prize presentation...

Refreshing sea breeze and scenary at East Coast Park:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home